We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Spider mite - malicious pest plants. It actively feeds on juice, causing the affected parts to dry out. At the same time, the tick is highly fertile - one female hatches hundreds of eggs in a couple of weeks of life.
When dealing with these pests, it should be borne in mind that conventional chemical insecticides have absolutely no effect on them. After all, ticks are not insects, but arachnids.
They use special drugs against them - acaricides or insectoacaricides (they work against ticks and insects). Are there special remedies for spider mites on indoor plants?
List of effective drugs
Is there a better spider mite remedy? List the most effective chemical and biological preparations for spider mites.
About the use of agents against spider mites Fufanon and Actellic An experienced gardener will tell you in this video:
Description of drugs
Aktara's agent against spider mites contains thiamethoxam from the neonicotinoid group and is not an acaricidal agent.
According to official data, it does not work on ticks, but many plant breeders have noticed reverse effect.
After treatment with Aktara, not only insects die, but also ticks - phytophages.
Biological insectoacaricide, belongs to the 4th generation of biological products. Fitoverm differs from a spider mite in a very wide range of effects, works against ticks and many insects.
- Release form... Emulsions concentrate, packaged in ampoules of 2, 4, 10 ml and cans of 5 liters.
- Composition... Aversectin C is a complex of streptomycete fungi, including the products of their activity. Concentration -2 g per liter.
- Mechanism of action... The route of penetration is intestinal and contact. In the body, it affects the nervous system, causing convulsions, then paralysis and death of ticks. Appetite disappears after 7-9 hours, death - on 3-5 days. Protection lasts no more than 20 days.
- Compatibility with other products... It works best with pyrethroids, which increase its potency and decrease the time to effect. Tank mixes with other chemicals, growth enhancers and fertilizers are also possible. Cannot be mixed with alkaline products. Sediment formation signals incompatibility.
- When to apply? In the absence of wind and any precipitation, with reduced solar activity (in the evening or when it is cloudy). The higher the air temperature, the more effective the drug is. Moisture reduces the effectiveness of the product. Low toxicity allows you to use the drug for the treatment of indoor plants at home.
- How to prepare the solution? To kill ticks, mix 1 ml of the product with a liter of water and pour into a bucket to get 10 liters of solution. This is enough for 100 square meters of landings. The working solution must not be stored.
- Mode of application. Uniform and abundant spraying of plants with fine sprayers.
- Toxicity... Fitoverm has low toxicity to humans, animals and other warm-blooded animals (class 3). The hazard class for bees is higher - 2.
Anti-mite and Fufanon
Two insectoacaricides produced by different companies containing the same active ingredient in the same concentration. Because of this, the drugs are identical in action and other parameters.
- Release form... Emulsions concentrate, packaged in 10 ml vials and 5 ml ampoules.
- Composition... Malathion at a concentration of 530 g per liter.
- Mechanism of action... Malathion enters the body of ticks by contact and intestinal routes and becomes maloxone. It has a very high physiological toxicity, especially for ticks and insects.
- Duration of action... In greenhouses and greenhouses, malathion lasts up to 7 days, in open soil - up to 10 days.
- Compatibility... They are compatible with many chemical preparations, but it is recommended to pre-test for compatibility before preparing tank mixtures.
- When to apply? With little sun activity - in cloudy weather or in the evening. There should be no wind and precipitation, even fog. When using in the house, observe all safety measures.
- How to prepare the solution? Against ticks, use 10 ml of the product, dissolved in 10 liters of cold water. To process 1 tree or bush, you will need 2 to 5 liters of solution. For processing 10 square meters of area, 1 liter is required.
- Mode of application. Spraying the affected plants with a spray bottle. For maximum effect, plants should be evenly moistened with a solution that will not drip to the ground.
- Toxicity... No phytotoxicity. Moderately dangerous for humans and animals - 3rd class. It is highly toxic to fish and bees.
Insectoacaricide from the group of organophosphorus compounds. Is also fumigant, penetrating through the respiratory openings.
- Composition... The main product is pirimifos - methyl, at a concentration of 500 g per liter.
- Release form... Emulsion concentrate, packaged in 2 ml ampoules and 5 liter canisters.
- Mechanism of action... After penetration into the body by intestinal and contact methods, acaricide inhibits the functioning of acetylcholinesterase, which helps the transmission of impulses along the nerves. As a result, the work of many organs is disrupted, paralysis and death of ticks occurs.
- Duration of action... Protection can last up to two weeks.
- Compatibility... Combines with most products, excluding Bordeaux mixture.
- When to apply? Actellic is used when there is no wind and precipitation. In this case, the activity of the sun should be low, so the treatment is carried out in the evening or in cloudy weather. It should not be used at home due to the high toxicity of the drug. It is recommended that the affected plants be taken outside and treated in the fresh air in compliance with all safety rules.
- How to prepare the solution? Pour 2 ml of the product into a liter - two water and stir.
This volume is enough for spraying 5-10 sq. m. or one tree.
- Mode of application... Spraying evenly and abundantly of all accessible parts of the plant, preventing the agent from flowing onto the ground.
- Toxicity... The drug is toxic enough for any living creature, including humans. Belonged to class 2.
Acaricide possessing ovicidal propertydestroying eggs. He does not kill adults, but sterilizes them, depriving them of the ability to reproduce.
- Release form... Suspensions concentrate, packaged in bottles of different sizes.
- Composition... The main substance is clofentesin, concentration is 500 g / l.
- The mechanism of action. It passes through intestinal and contact methods into the body of ticks and sterilizes them, disrupting the normal functions of the reproductive system. It has a highly toxic effect on eggs and larvae, destroying them.
- Duration of action... It works 2 times longer than other acaricides - the protective period is about a month.
- Compatibility... Combines with non-alkaline growth accelerators.
- When to apply? Under standard conditions - in the absence of precipitation, wind and high sun activity. Use at home is not prohibited, it is recommended to use a respirator and gloves when working with the drug.
- How to prepare the solution? Pour 2 ml of the product into 5 liters of cold water, stir. This is usually enough for a treatment of 10 sq.m. landings.
- Mode of application. Thorough spraying of all plant surfaces, trying to treat even hidden areas. The better the bush is moistened with the product, the more likely it is to destroy the entire pest colony.
- Toxicity... Apollo is practically harmless to bees and other insects, toxic to humans and animals, but very weak. Belongs to the 4th class of toxicity.
Innovative a drug that is guaranteed to reduce the colonies of any mites - vegetarians.
- Release form... Emulsions concentrate packaged in ampoules with a capacity of 2 and 5 ml.
- Composition... The main substance is bromopropylate. Concentration 500 g per liter.
- Mechanism of action... It is used for contact penetration, after which it disrupts the activity of many systems of the tick's body.
- Duration of action... Depends on the type of tick and varies from 10 to 40 days.
- Compatibility... It goes well with modern fungicides and insecticides. It is not recommended to mix with other acaricides and alkaline agents.
- When to apply? At the time of application of acaricide and 3-4 hours after that there should be no wind, precipitation, high humidity and strong solar activity. Ideal for use in the home, however, protect the skin with clothing and remove animals and children from the room before handling. After the procedure, do wet cleaning to exclude contact of the drug with the skin.
- How to prepare a working solution? Depending on the number of pests, use from 10 to 20 ml of the product dissolved in a bucket of water. This amount is enough to process 10 bushes, 2-5 trees or 100 sq. m of landing area. Storage of the solution is allowed no longer than 2 hours.
- Mode of application... Since the path of penetration into the body of ticks is exclusively contact, it is very important to thoroughly wet all accessible parts of the plants. And do not allow the drug to drip to the ground at the same time.
- Toxicity... It is slightly dangerous for insects, since it has low toxicity, it is ranked as class 4. May cause severe irritation to the skin or mucous membranes in humans.
Omite 30 and 57
Very effective acaricide, available in different dosages. This is where it differs from other drugs.
- Composition... The main substance is propargite.
- Mechanism of action... Penetration into the body of a tick only by a contact method. The initial action occurs very soon, the ticks die in the first minutes after treatment. As a bonus, the drug destroys some insects, such as thrips.
- Duration of action... The protective period lasts up to two weeks.
- Compatibility... Not compatible with highly alkaline and oily chemicals.
- When to apply? Do not use Omite during wind, precipitation and sunny weather. The air temperature should rise to at least 25 °. It is not recommended to use the product in the house due to its high toxicity.
- How to prepare the solution? Omite 30 in powder is diluted, observing the rate of 3 to 5 g per liter of cool water. Omite 57 EC - 1.5 ml also in a liter of water. When used outdoors or destroying a large number of pests, you can increase the rate to 2 ml.
To treat a large area and many plants, the emulsion is diluted in 5 liters of cold water, increasing the consumption of the product to 10-15 ml.
The amount of powder increases to 50 g. The solution is used immediately, without storing it for more than a couple of hours. Process the plants 20 days before eating fruits and vegetables.
- Mode of application... Uniform spraying with full coverage of ground surfaces of plants without rolling the solution into the ground.
- Toxicity... For humans and animals - strong, the drug is classified as class 2 of toxicity. For bees - medium hazard, class 3.
An experienced florist will tell you how to use drugs against spider mites correctly in this video:
We reviewed the rating of insecticides from spider mites.
A big plus of acaricides is that they do not pose a high toxic hazard for people, animals and insects, so they can be used safely.
A wide range of modern anti-tick products allows each consumer to choose the best remedy.