We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Yesterday, the seedlings were pleasing to the eye, but today it hurts to look at them.
You can come to terms with the fact that this season you will be left without a crop, or you can start diagnostics and treatment.
And so we will consider this problem carefully.
Gardeners who grow peppers sometimes notice that the leaves of the seedlings turn yellow, deform, curl along the midrib. Gradually, the leaf blade rolls up into a tube, the pepper begins to dry out, the plant dies.
The reasons for the occurrence of such a non-infectious disease are different, but if you catch yourself in time, take action, then the seedlings can be saved.
Next, you will see a photo of twisted leaves of pepper seedlings:
Twisting can occur due to several factors:
- Uneven growth... The median vein is ahead of the rest of the leaf plate in growth. The sheet becomes "corrugated" and folds like a boat. Do not sound the alarm. Seedling leaves will align themselves as they grow.
- Lack of important micronutrients, most often potassium, phosphorus. Lack of phosphorus manifests itself in a change in the color of the leaves of seedlings, stem. The leaves curl, turn blue at first, and then acquire a black-purple color.
- Violation of agricultural technology... Temperature, water, light conditions are not observed.
- Aphids, spider mites... When infested with aphids, red spots appear on the leaves. The offspring of aphids perfectly tolerate sub-zero temperatures. It activates and reproduces in spring. The mite enmeshes the plant with cobwebs. The larvae damage the root system. Due to lack of nutrition, the foliage turns yellow, withers, falls off. The seedlings weaken, the stem breaks off the ground, the pepper dies.
- Viral disease top rot.
If there is a lack of potassium, the seedlings must be fed.
- Sprinkle with wood ash... Pour half a cup of wood ash onto the moist soil around each plant.
- Drizzle each pepper with 0.5 liters of potash sulfur solution... For 5 liters of water 1 tbsp. potash sulfur.
If symptoms of phosphorus deficiency appear, add nutritional supplements in the form of an aqueous solution... Per liter of water 0.8 g of ammophos or 2.8 g of nitrate.
Pest control starts with prevention... Success in the fight against aphids and spider mites lies in the correct preparation of the soil mixture for seedlings.
- The soil must be processed 2-3 times light pink solution of potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate).
- The tick is carried out cultivation of seedlings with bleach... Weigh 200 grams per 10 liters of water.
- Ignite the soil.
- Steam the soil.
- Scald with boiling water.
If insect larvae are found in a box with seedlings, the soil should be treated with insecticides or manganese solution.
In the fight against ticks and aphids, available folk remedies are widely used.
- Spray pepper with onion infusion: Pour a handful of onion husks with a liter of boiling water. Day to insist. Spray seedlings with the resulting solution every 5 days for a month.
- Experienced vegetable growers recommend for the fight against seedling pests decoctions of bitter wormwood, tomato or potato tops... The tops are dried in the fall. Wormwood can be purchased at the pharmacy, or prepared in the summer at any vacant lot.
- A glass of grated, or minced, garlic and dandelions mix, add 1 tablespoon honey, dissolve in a bucket of water. After 3 hours, carry out the necessary manipulations with the seedlings.
- Use liquid soap solution with yarrow.
- Spray decoction of tansy, wormwood, yarrow.
Proponents of advanced techniques can treat seedlings with insecticides such as Bi-58, Aktara.
Attention: If all fertilizing is carried out, larvae and insects are not found, then agricultural technology is violated. It is necessary to adjust the frequency, watering time, temperature of the water used for irrigation and the ambient air. Arrange additional lighting.
To get rid of top rot, you should:
- for prophylaxis, before planting, bubble the seeds for about 20 hours, then dry them (more about preparing seeds before planting peppers for seedlings);
- increase the intensity of watering;
- spray with a solution of nitrate (200 g per bucket of water);
- feed the roots with calcium nitrate or calcium chloride, which can be purchased at the pharmacy. One ampoule is diluted in 30 parts of water. Repeat in a week;
- control the nitrogen content in the applied complex fertilizers;
- fluff with ash, gypsum, slaked lime;
- treat seedling leaves with serum;
- add a mixture of tobacco dust, hydrated lime, wood ash to the soil;
- loosen the soil, mulch.
Diseased seedlings can be cured. The main thing is to notice changes in time and take effective measures. But it is better not to take it to the extreme, but to carry out preventive measures in advance.
Read other articles on pepper seedlings:
- Correct cultivation from seeds and should they be soaked before sowing?
- How to grow black peppercorns, chili, bitter or sweet at home?
- What are growth stimulants and how to use them?
- The main reasons why seedlings fall or stretch, and also why shoots die?
- Planting dates in the regions of Russia and the peculiarities of cultivation in the Urals, Siberia and the Moscow region.
- Learn recipes for yeast-based fertilizers.
- Learn the rules for planting bell and hot peppers, as well as how to dive sweet?