The expectant mother closely monitors her health during pregnancy. And after the birth of the child, he adheres to proper nutrition. After all, low-quality or harmful products will immediately affect the well-being of the baby. I don't want to joke with this.
Nutritionists say: the diet of a pregnant woman must include foods rich in easily digestible proteins.
These products primarily include cauliflower - a valuable source of vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. In this situation, it will not be superfluous to eat fruits and vegetables, in particular cauliflower. This article discusses in detail the nuances of eating cauliflower during pregnancy and breastfeeding, gives advice from doctors and presents recipes for healthy meals for a nursing mother.
The composition of the product
Cauliflower when breastfeeding is a valuable product... It nourishes the woman's body with useful minerals, vitamins, organic acids important for health. The baby receives the same substances through milk.
Cauliflower contains vitamins, they support the mother's body during vitamin deficiency:
- vitamin C;
- vitamin B1 (thiamine);
- vitamin K;
- vitamin U.
In addition, cabbage fibers contain a number of macro and microelements: calcium, potassium, magnesium, iodine, manganese, selenium, copper, chlorine, zinc, iron, phosphorus, sodium. Minerals improve the functioning of the immune system.
Don't forget about mineral salts, pectin, enzymes, biotin, fiber, choline, omega-3 fatty acids. They have a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract, the work of the liver, kidneys, and breast of a woman. You can learn more about the composition and calorie content of cauliflower from our article.
Can you eat a vegetable?
At this time, cauliflower can and should be eaten. For the body of a pregnant woman, the vegetable is useful.
- Phosphorus affects the formation of the baby's skeletal system. And also does not allow the mother to collapse.
- Potassium strengthens the heart muscle.
- Iron maintains normal hemoglobin, thereby protecting from the development of anemia and fetal hyperplasia.
- Magnesium - a kind of stress and depression blocker, which is important during the period of childbearing. The substance strengthens the central nervous system, especially when combined with vitamin B6.
- Tartronic acid prevents the deposition of adipose tissue.
- Folic acid protects the fetus from birth defects.
In the first and second months of GW
Nutritionists recommend including cauliflower in a woman's diet during lactation. However, not immediately. You can try the vegetable for the first time 2-3 weeks after giving birth.
A serving should not exceed 50 grams. It is advisable to eat steamed cabbage without spices and with a minimum amount of salt. Then do not use for a couple of days, look at the child's condition. If no negative results have been identified, it is worth gradually increasing the portion to 100 grams.
At 2 months of GW, the daily rate of boiled cabbage will be about 200 grams... Over time, a dietary vegetable can be added to soups, casseroles, stews. However, do not fry. Of course, eating raw is contraindicated. Abuse is also discouraged.
Benefits for a nursing mother and baby
The value of a food product, as well as its effect on the body, is calculated based on its composition. Therefore, there is no doubt about the beneficial properties of cauliflower.
- The high content of vitamin C strengthens the immune system, reduces the likelihood of getting viral and infectious diseases.
- Cauliflower lowers unwanted blood cholesterol levels. Normalizes the quantitative component of lipids.
- Provides prevention of breast cancer.
- Doctors advise a vegetable when dealing with extra pounds. Despite the extensive mineral reserve, the product is low in calories. In 100g, there are only 30 kcal.
- Fiber normalizes metabolism, bowel function. If a woman has problems with stool after childbirth, then this product will help solve them.
- It is important for babies that cauliflower is a low-allergenic vegetable. Allergic reactions are rare.
- Another advantage for babies is that the product does not cause colic and increased gas production in the intestines. In small children, this is a fairly common occurrence.
You can find out how to properly introduce cauliflower into complementary foods for a child from this article.
Cauliflower should not be consumed by mothers with diseases:
- Gastrointestinal tract, gastritis, pancreatitis, ulcer;
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- intestinal colic;
- problems with the genitourinary system;
- kidney disease.
Also, you can not eat a vegetable with individual intolerance. The product should be discarded if allergic rashes or discoloration of the skin of a child are noticed. When the baby has bloating, colic, spasms in the intestines, exclude cauliflower from the woman's menu. For more information about the beneficial and harmful properties, as well as about what diseases it is necessary to use cauliflower with caution, read here.
How to cook - step by step recipes
The diet of a pregnant woman should be complete and balanced.... Vegetables and fruits are its main component.
Ideal when the menu for a pregnant woman will consist of ½ of plant products.
For pregnant women
The process of carrying a child is not a disease in which a diet is prescribed. The daily diet does not need to be drastically changed. It is only necessary to focus on the beneficial properties of the products, and not just on the tasty ones.
- cauliflower 500g;
- low-fat milk - 80ml;
- butter - 20g;
- hard cheese - 30-40g;
- premium flour - 25g;
- fat sour cream - 30g;
- salt, herbs.
- First, wash the head of cabbage, and disassemble it into inflorescences.
- Boil in salted water until half cooked. About 7-10 minutes.
- At this time, prepare the creamy sauce: fry the flour in a pan until golden brown. Add milk, sour cream and some grated cheese to it. After boiling, turn off.
- When the cabbage is boiled, you need extra liquid in the glass.
- While preparing a small baking sheet, grease with oil. We spread the inflorescences on it, fill it with sauce, sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- We send it to the oven with a temperature of 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with herbs after cooking.
For a couple
- cauliflower head;
- olive oil;
- salt pepper.
- First of all, you need to divide into inflorescences and wash the cabbage.
- Bring the water to a boil in a double boiler, then put the vegetable on top. Cover with a lid.
- Cooking time 10-15 minutes.
- Then we take out and let the excess liquid drain.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Cabbage is ready as a side dish.
- You can also chop the finished cabbage with a blender to a puree consistency, add butter or milk and serve.
For a nursing mother and baby, you should choose only healthy meals made from quality products.
Fried, pickled and smoked dishes must be definitely discarded. During lactation, it is necessary to include cauliflower in the diet.
- cauliflower 300 g;
- carrots - 1 pc;
- onion - 1 pc;
- potatoes - 3 pcs;
- green peas - 100 g;
- cream optional;
- salt, herbs.
- Pour 2 liters of water into a saucepan and put on fire.
- After boiling, we send chopped onions, potatoes, carrots there.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Then we send cabbage and peas to the vegetables, continuing to cook for another 7 minutes.
- At the very end of cooking, season with salt and cream.
- Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
- cauliflower 500 g;
- chicken fillet - 300g;
- eggs - 3 pcs;
- milk - 150 ml;
- grated cheese - 100g;
- salt, herbs.
- Boil cabbage and meat first.
- Then mash the finished inflorescences well with a fork, turn into gruel.
- Finely chop the meat and add to the cabbage.
- Put this mixture on a baking sheet.
- Make a filling: in a deep container, mix milk, eggs, 50g of cheese.
- Season with salt and pour the mixture onto a baking sheet, over the cabbage and meat.
- Then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 150 ° C.
The casserole recipe can be used if the child does not have allergic reactions to the ingredients of the dish.
You can find more recipes for cauliflower dishes here.
Cauliflower has collected a huge amount of nutrients. And she - an important component of the diet for breastfeedingbecause the initial set of foods for the diet after childbirth is scarce. And a woman's food for herself and her child needs to be taken from somewhere. At the same time, without harm to the body.