We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is scientifically proven that cauliflower contains a huge amount of vitamins and minerals, which together have a beneficial effect on the body as a whole. It is especially useful to use this vegetable for gastrointestinal diseases. With continued use, the risk of cancer is reduced.
Due to its structure, it is better absorbed by the body than other types of cabbage. Pediatricians and nutritionists for children are confident that, due to all its beneficial properties, this product is perfect for introducing a child to new food. Cauliflower is stored frozen for a long time without losing its beneficial properties. How to freeze and defrost a vegetable and what can be prepared from frozen cauliflower is described in this article.
Can this vegetable be frozen?
Cauliflower can be frozen like most other vegetables.... Frozen food contains more vitamin C, which is responsible for the elasticity of the skin in our body than fresh food. The amount of vitamin C in a frozen product is fixed at the time of freezing.
Also, vitamin B9, the deficiency of which in the body leads to depression, is less in fresh cabbage than in ice cream. Fresh "curly" inflorescence, loses most of its useful properties during transportation from several weeks to several months and with a long stay on the store counter.
The same happens with any fresh product that is not grown in its "own garden" - the loss of about 50% of nutrients during the long "way to the dinner table."
Do I need to defrost before cooking?
Due to the constant lack of time among modern housewives, frozen cabbage purchased at the store counter is a frequent guest of our table. The manufacturer's instructions for this product indicate that no pre-defrosting of cauliflower is required.
ATTENTION: If purchased cabbage is thawed, a large amount of nutrients will lose their strength. If the product was grown on its own beds, then both when frozen and when properly defrosted, the beneficial properties of the product remain in the vegetable.
Below you can see a photo of frozen cauliflower.
The benefits and harms of such a dish
The largest amount of vitamins and microelements is found in vegetables that have not undergone heat treatment., that is, fresh. Let's consider the content of nutrients in fresh and frozen cauliflower using a comparison method.
Calories per 100 grams of fresh vegetable:
- Kcal: 30.
- Proteins, g: 2.5.
- Fat, g: 0.3.
- Carbohydrates, g: 5.4.
Calories per 100 grams of frozen vegetable:
- Kcal: 26.56.
- Proteins, g: 2.20.
- Fat, g: 0.21.
- Carbohydrates, g: 3.97.
Read more about the benefits and dangers of fresh cauliflower and how to use it correctly here.
Pros of using this product
Cauliflower is not only delicious, but also a healthy vegetable.:
- The risk of developing an allergic reaction is minimal, since the vegetable is hypoallergenic.
- When cooked, this vegetable is soft and tasty.
- It has a beneficial effect on blood vessels.
- They are the prevention of anemia (iron deficiency), cancer.
- Promotes the proper development and formation of intestinal microflora and the restoration of the mucous membrane.
- Useful for children with high blood sugar.
- Stimulates the production of gastric juice.
- Cancer prevention.
- The product is contraindicated in children prone to allergies.
- Cannot be used for inflammatory processes in the intestines.
- For kidney problems, frequent use of cauliflower is not recommended.
- Doctors have recorded the fact of the negative impact of cauliflower on the thyroid gland. All vegetables that belong to the broccoli family can cause goiter.
Step by step instructions on what to do before storing?
- Rinse the head of cabbage thoroughly under cold running water.
- Provided that only the inflorescences are frozen, carefully divide the cabbage into inflorescences with a knife or hands.
- Soak cabbage in cold water with the addition of salt: for 2 liters of water - 4 tablespoons of salt. Leave in water for 40-60 minutes.
- We drain the water. We wash the inflorescences again under cold running water.
- We place the inflorescences in a container that can withstand low temperature conditions (freezer bags, freezer containers).
Watch a video about preparing and freezing cauliflower:
What to do before cooking?
If only cauliflower inflorescences were frozen, preliminary defrosting before cooking is not required... For frozen whole cabbage:
- Defrost the cabbage first in the refrigerator on the top shelf for 4-5 hours.
- Then at room temperature.
Stewing a vegetable
- Cauliflower: 1 fork
- Onions: 1 medium onion.
- Carrots: 1 piece.
- Butter or vegetable oil: to taste.
- Salt: to taste.
- Pepper: to taste.
- Defrost cauliflower, divide into inflorescences.
- We put the inflorescences in salted boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and fry until golden brown in butter (vegetable) oil.
- Add the carrots grated on a coarse grater to the onion. Fry over low heat.
- While the vegetables are fried, drain the water from the cabbage.
- Add cabbage boiled until half cooked to the fried vegetables, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with a lid and simmer until the cauliflower is cooked for 10-15 minutes.
How can you cook quickly and tasty?
What else and how can you cook from such cabbage:
- In breadcrumbs... Instead of carrots and onions, you can add egg batter and breadcrumbs. Cooking Difference: You don't need to cover the vegetable with a lid when frying.
- In milk... You can add 200 grams of milk to fried vegetables and cabbage for this dish. Simmer as usual: until tender.
- With zucchini... You can add zucchini cut into "quarters" to the cabbage. Add sour cream "for taste".
If we talk about serving cauliflower to the dinner table, then in this case you need to focus on the "tastes" of the household.
- Boiled cauliflower is served as a complete boiled dish, stewed with vegetables.
- It is also used as a side dish for meat and fish.
- Cauliflower in batter can be served as an independent dish or as a side dish.
- Cabbage inflorescences are also consumed fresh, since in this case all the useful properties of this product are preserved as much as possible.
Scientists have proven that the use of cauliflower has a beneficial effect on the human body as a whole. The beneficial properties of this product are described in a huge amount of literature. A vegetable loses the greatest amount of nutrients during transportation from the manufacturer to the store counter.
The maximum amount of nutrients is found in self-grown cabbage. The "curly" vegetable rich in vitamins and minerals is not only a storehouse of vitamins and minerals, but also simplicity and ease in preparing delicious dishes. Therefore, this product is in high demand among all age categories of the population, from complementary feeding of babies and use during lactation - ending with people with diabetes and the elderly.