Ginger, as a spice, has established itself not only among lovers of exotic cuisine, but also in slimming circles. And for good reason. As it turned out, it contains many useful substances aimed at fighting extra pounds. But few people know that in addition to powdered ginger root, pickled will help to lose weight.
However, before you run after him to the supermarket, it is worth looking at this spicy treat from all sides.
In this article, we will discuss the possible side effects of pickled ginger and consider a sample menu for every day, where the main ingredient will be this root.
Effects on the body
When losing weight, it is important to lean on natural foods. Pickled ginger is one of those. Can you eat ginger on your diet? It is not only possible to eat it on a diet, but also necessary. And, unlike raw, its taste is more pleasant: spicy and salty. The product not only satisfies hunger well, but also rid the body of excess. What explains this miraculous process from the consumption of an Asian delicacy?
It is not in vain that ginger is famous for its fiery taste, because it literally warms up the body, contributing to the care of body fat. When consumed, blood flow accelerates, which means that calories are burned faster. And the cherished figure on the scales is getting closer. Consuming pickled ginger as a substitute for common side dishes dulls hunger... The portions decrease and the body loses weight. Also, the product relieves the body of excess fluid and removes toxins. This significantly improves the quality of the figure. After all, edema gives the impression that a person is fuller than he really is.
The advantage of pickled ginger is its calorie content. Only 51 kcal per 100 g. However, with such a low indicator, it contains a sufficient amount of dietary fiber, which occupy the stomach for a long time and give a feeling of satiety.
Benefit and harm
Is ginger good for you? The health benefits of this product are truly extraordinary. It contains the same amount of nutrients as fresh. These are vitamins A, B1, B2 and C, as well as such trace elements as potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorus and zinc.
The main benefit of pickled ginger for weight loss is its ability to cleanse the body.... In this matter, it is as effective as ginseng. The antioxidants contained in the product improve immunity by counteracting various harmful environmental factors. Other obvious anti-obesity properties of ginger include:
- Normalization of blood cholesterol levels.
- Increased stamina and a feeling of vigor, which will have a beneficial effect on training, thanks to which weight loss will accelerate.
- Improving metabolism.
- Acceleration of the process of burning extra calories.
- Potassium and magnesium in the composition, with whose help the feeling of stress is suppressed, because of which there is a risk of breaking off the diet.
With all these qualities, pickled ginger is not good for everyone. Its harm can manifest itself if a person suffering from an ulcer, gastritis or other inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract begins to consume this product without the permission of a doctor. The presence of acids in this product will have a bad effect on digestion.... Also, it is contraindicated to feast on them for pregnant and lactating women.
With a recently experienced heart attack and colds, it is better to exclude ginger from the diet altogether.
Today, a jar of pickled ginger on the shelf of the nearest supermarket is no longer a wonder. And, if on a diet there is a need to taste its special taste, then this is unlikely to become a problem - the treat is inexpensive and freely available. But ginger will be much tastier than store-bought ginger if you marinate it in your own kitchen... This is not difficult to do. The main thing is to purchase a quality product, which will help you choose the following signs:
- Golden color and thin matte skin on the root surface.
- The presence of dense rounded branches. If there are only swollen buds and fresh sprouts, this is a sign of expiration.
- Pleasant scent with exotic notes.
- Break. Choosing a product, you can break off a process from it and, if a crunch is heard and the aroma differs, then it is suitable.
Having decided on the main ingredient, which will be required in an amount of 250 g, it is important to prepare the rest.
- salt - 1 tsp with a slide;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l;
- vinegar 9% - 2 tbsp. l;
- water - 2 tbsp;
- beets - 2 pieces (for a pink shade).
A step-by-step cooking recipe includes the following points:
- Wash the root, peel and cut into translucent slices.
- Pour a glass of water into a saucepan, put it on fire and bring to a boil.
- Pour salt into boiling water, mix thoroughly and remove from the stove.
- Pour ginger plates with this solution, soak them for 10 minutes, then, after draining all the liquid, transfer them to a clean and dry jar.
- The second glass of water should also be brought to a boil, but with sugar. Then pour them the root in a jar, add some beets and vinegar.
- Cover the container with the pickled product, cool, put in the refrigerator. You will be able to enjoy the spicy taste of ginger only after 2 days.
Do not store pickled ginger in a metal container - it can quickly deteriorate.
In rice vinegar
This recipe makes a great snack on a diet if an equivalent amount of sugar substitute is used instead of sugar. Do not worry that it will turn out differently than in your favorite Japanese restaurant. It will even taste better if done right.
- ginger root - 250 g;
- sweetener (its amount should be equal in sweetness to 2 tablespoons of sugar);
- salt - 1 tsp;
- rice vinegar - ½ tbsp.
- Remove the skin from the washed root and cut into slices. Then sprinkle them with salt and forget for 1 hour.
- After this time, put the slices on a paper towel to get rid of moisture and bitterness. Then, already dry, transfer them to a jar.
- In a saucepan, mix rice vinegar with sugar substitute, boil for 2 minutes, and then cool until warm.
- Pour these marinade over the "petals" of ginger, close the jar with a lid and send to the refrigerator. After a couple of days, you can eat.
In red wine
High-quality red wine will become an assistant not only in the fight against bad mood, but also with extra pounds. And the root marinated in this alcohol will surprise you with its exquisite taste.
- ginger root - 400 g;
- sugar - 90 g (or substitute);
- water - 1 tbsp;
- dry red wine - 60 ml;
- rice vinegar - 160 ml.
- The root, washed and dried, cut into slices and send to a saucepan of boiling water. Boil it for 3 minutes, then drain and put in a jar.
- Pour wine, water and vinegar into a separate bowl. Add sugar or substitute.
- Put this mixture on fire, where to boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour the resulting marinade into a jar where the chopped product is already lying. Cork and refrigerate for 48 hours.
How to use?
During diets, it is customary to replace a side dish with this delicacy, for example, for chicken or fish.... In this case, you need to limit yourself to a portion of the product weighing 80 g. It can also be used as a snack - a few slices of ginger can be snacked 2 times a day between meals.
This raises the question: how often do you eat ginger instead of the usual side dishes? There is only one answer - until the diet is over. The process will go much faster if such food is supplemented with physical activity and, of course, completely excluding fried and sweet from the diet.
Possible side effects
Many people, especially ladies, in pursuit of the necessary figure on the scales do not think about health at all. There are various variations of fasting days, but these cannot be arranged with pickled ginger. Also, do not eat it indefinitely. I wonder why? Attention list of side effects:
- Irritation of the intestinal mucosa.
- Stomach pain due to high acid content in the product.
- The onset of allergies.
Losing weight sitting only on pickled ginger is impossible in any case, as it is fraught with consequences.
Menu for the week
As it turned out, ginger, like any other delicacy, should be consumed sparingly. And, in order not to discourage the appetite for this product, it is better to combine a variety of foods with it. An approximate menu for a week, where it plays a key role, looks like this:
- Breakfast: whole grain toast with cottage cheese and 2 slices of ginger, boiled egg and sugar-free ginger tea.
- Lunch: baked chicken fillet with pickled ginger for garnish.
- Dinner: pickled root salad with beets and feta cheese.
- Breakfast: an omelette roll of 2 eggs and stuffed with 50 g of boiled rice and 20 g of pickled root.
- Lunch: baked lean beef (150 g) with ginger.
- Dinner: salad dressed with olive oil (1 tsp), pickled ginger, goat cheese, apple and cabbage.
- Breakfast: whole grain toast with baked chicken fillet and 2 slices of marinated product.
- Lunch: steamed salmon with pickled ginger and cucumber.
- Dinner: shrimp, mango and ginger root salad with arugula oil dressing.
- Breakfast: whole grain toast with boiled egg and a few ginger "petals".
- Lunch: baked perch and pickled ginger (50 g).
- Dinner: salad of pickled root, canned corn, bell pepper and olives with olive oil dressing (1 tsp).
- Breakfast: whole grain flour tortilla with cottage cheese, herbs and pickled product.
- Lunch: beef stew with ginger.
- Dinner: salad of boiled chicken, avocado, tomato, olives and ginger "petals" in the marinade.
On the weekend, you need to repeat any diet you like from the ones described above. And every day, a couple of snacks are allowed, consisting of slices of ginger and cucumber.
At first glance, losing weight with pickled ginger may seem difficult, but for lovers of Asian cuisine it is just a fairy tale that, combined with sports, will become a reality. It is worth admitting: to lose weight, enjoying fragrant pink slices, with the knowledge that they rid the body of excess - isn't this a dream?