We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cabbage is one of the most famous and healthy vegetables on the tables of all regions of the country. It is served both for festive and everyday tables. The popularity of the vegetable is due to the fact that there are many options for preparing and serving dishes.
Cabbage in pickled and pickled form has an amazing property not only not to lose useful properties, but also to acquire new useful chemicals. We present to your attention the best recipes for making pickled appetizers.
Which head of cabbage to choose for pickling at home?
Almost everyone loves a crispy and appetizing cold appetizer. You can pickle any kind of cabbage: white cabbage, red cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts - it depends on your preferences.
The most common and common in our country is white cabbage.... This culture is early, mid-season and late. The differences are in terms of harvesting and storage conditions of vegetables. Any of the listed varieties are suitable for making pickled cabbage.
The benefits and harms of a dish prepared in this way
Cabbage is a low-calorie product, which contains vitamins, trace elements and amino acids necessary for the full functioning of the body. It is important to include a variety of foods in the diet to maintain metabolic balance. The process of pickling cabbage affects the vegetable so that when the taste of the product changes, its composition remains the same.
Benefits from use
The benefits that regular consumption of pickled white cabbage brings to the human body can hardly be overestimated. One simple meal contains many essential ingredients:
- Amino acids neutralize toxic substances, contribute to the formation of protein, of which the internal organs are composed.
- Cellulose provides full functioning of the stomach and intestines.
- Vitamins the human body is not able to synthesize (or synthesizes in insignificant quantities), and therefore receives the bulk of them from food. Vitamins affect all biochemical processes in the human body. With the participation of vitamins, proteins, hormones, antibodies are synthesized to fight harmful bacteria and much more.
- Trace elements take part in the work of all protective functions of the body. With an insufficient level of micro and macro elements, mental retardation, disruption of the cardiovascular system and the gastrointestinal tract are observed, and resistance to infections worsens. Trace elements are vital for every living organism.
Pickled cabbage contains most of the substances necessary for the normal functioning of the body. The consumption rate is 100%, then 100 g of the finished product contains:
- calories - 3.3%;
- proteins - 0.98%;
- fats - 0.15%;
- carbohydrates - 8.98%;
- water - 3.3%;
- food fiber - 13%.
People with diabetes are forced to limit themselves in the choice of food they consume. Pickled cabbage helps to cope with the lack of substances necessary for a personand tartronic acid lowers blood glucose levels.
With the regular use of pickled cabbage, the work of all internal organs and cells of the body is normalized.
The healthy person's body benefits from eating pickled cabbage in reasonable quantities. The product can harm people suffering from certain diseases:
- Increased acidity of the stomach.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Peptic ulcer disease.
- High blood pressure.
- The high fiber content in the finished dish causes flatulence.
From the above facts, it can be seen that pickled cabbage contains many components useful for the normal functioning of the body.
Step-by-step instructions on how to quickly and very simply pickle a vegetable
Nutritionists recommend eating cabbage in any form... Pickled white cabbage is not only a healthy but also an economically profitable product. Cabbage is a vegetable that is massively grown in all parts of the country and is inexpensive.
It is especially convenient to pickle and ferment vegetables in the northern regions, where, due to the harsh climatic conditions, people are deprived of the opportunity to get vitamins and nutrients from fresh vegetables and fruits.
Pickled and sauerkraut differ in terms of preparation... In the first case, the dish can be ready to eat in 1 hour.
Next, we will give the most popular cabbage recipes with and without sugar, show a photo of the dishes.
Prescription cooking time - 15 minutes.
- Medium head of cabbage weighing 2.5 kg.
- Carrots - 3 pieces.
- Turnip onions - 2 pieces.
- Garlic - 5 or 6 cloves.
- Raisins (preferably light) - 100 g.
- Salt - 1 full tablespoon.
- Water 500 ml.
- Sugar - 1 glass.
- Vegetable oil - 1 full glass.
- Vinegar 6% - 100g.
- Grind thinly chopped cabbage with salt until cabbage juice comes out.
- Then grated carrots, diced onion, garlic passed through a garlic and washed raisins, put to cabbage.
- Throw salt, sugar and butter into boiling water.
- After boiling the solution, immediately pour in the vinegar.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables, mix well and serve after 15 minutes.
"Sweet cabbage with vinegar"
Cooking time - no more than 2 hours (recipes for cooking cabbage, which will be ready in 2 hours, can be found here). Quick Crispy Cabbage recipe involves making a marinadewith which vegetables are poured.
Cabbage belongs to the Cruciferous family, and members of this family prevent the formation of cancer cells, which helps to prevent cancer.
- One head of white cabbage weighing 2.5 kg.
- Large carrots - 1 piece.
- Garlic - 3 cloves.
- Cut the cabbage into thick cubes, coarsely grate the carrots, chop the garlic.
- Put all vegetables in a saucepan one by one.
Preparing the marinade:
- Add to boiling water (1 l): Vegetable oil - a full glass of 200 ml. Vinegar - 200ml. Rock salt - 3 tablespoons with a small slide. Sugar - 8 tablespoons. spoons. Bay leaf - 5 pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients and pour the prepared vegetables with a hot solution, press down on top with oppression.
- After 120 minutes, the wonderful pickled cabbage will be ready.
It can take 15 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours to prepare this snack in a quick way; can be cooked in one day or night (i.e. 12 hours), in extreme cases - for a day. You will find other options for preparing quick pickled cabbage in a jar per day in a separate article, and for options for cooking in a 3-liter jar, see this material.
When preparing the marinade, iodized salt should not be used, since the finished dish will turn out to be soft and will quickly lose its appetizing crunch.
Pickled cabbage is cooked in brine and marinade... The difference in cooking with these methods is the marinating time of the cabbage.
- When using a hot marinade, the cabbage cooks quickly, from 15 minutes to 24 hours. If you grind the cabbage with salt before getting juice, the vegetable cooks faster. The product prepared in this way is stored in the refrigerator.
- If you pour the cabbage with cooled brine, the dish is marinated longer, from 3 to 5 days.
Cabbage made with cold brine will last longer and crunch better.
We offer you to watch a video recipe for making pickled cabbage with vinegar:
How to cook, depending on the type of vegetable?
Cabbage of various varieties comes in early, medium and late... Different cooking methods are chosen depending on the variety.
Young cabbage is prepared in this way. Vegetables are poured with hot marinade and a fragrant, moderately crispy cold appetizer is obtained. Cabbage marinated in this way is stored in the refrigerator.
We offer you to watch a video recipe for making Provencal cabbage:
Cabbage "Pelustka" will decorate any festive table. This dish looks extraordinarily beautiful. Beets will give a bright raspberry color... Cabbage is made into coarsely chopped squares and quickly poured with cold brine.
The most delicious dish will turn out to be made from a late variety of cabbage. Late varieties have a dense structure, crunch more and keep longer. The cooking time for such a cabbage is 5-6 days.
We offer you to watch a video recipe for making Pelustka cabbage:
How else can you make - recipes with honey, apples, saffron, cranberries
Cabbage is a versatile vegetable that can be eaten in a variety of ways; and with the addition of unusual ingredients, the dish acquires a new bright taste.
- Without oil, it makes a great cabbage for those who count calories. Vegetable oil, if desired, can be added when serving; only salt, sugar and spices are put in the marinade.
- Using cold brine, you can cook without vinegar. The dish is cooked for several days, but the taste remains amazing. The classic version of cooking such a dish is based on grinding vegetables with salt and using cooled brine in a ratio of 1 liter of water to 2 tablespoons of salt. This cabbage is useful for small children and pregnant women.
- Many people love sweet pickled cabbage. This dish will be ready in 7 hours. To do this, use a hot marinade, and put a little more sugar, 0.5 liters of water, 0.5 cups of sugar.
- Thrill-seekers add 1-2 pods of hot pepper, the rest of the ingredients are put according to their favorite recipe.
- According to many lovers of this healthy product, the most successful variation is replacing sugar with honey. Honey also acts as a preservative. When choosing this cooking option, add 1 tablespoon of honey to 0.5 liters of water and pour the vegetables with hot marinade.
- If vinegar is contraindicated for any reason, citric acid can be substituted for it in an instant dish. To obtain a solution similar to 6% vinegar, you need to dilute 60 g of citric acid in 0.94 liters of water; 9% vinegar replaces 90g of dry citric acid dissolved in 0.91L of water.
- Adding 1 teaspoon of saffron to any recipe you choose will add a smart yellow color to the finished dish.
- Apples make pickled cabbage more aromatic and sweetish in taste. The Antonovka or Simerenko variety is better suited. For 2 kg of cabbage add 3 apples, cut into cubes, everything else according to the selected recipe.
- Cranberries give a slight mouth-watering sourness and dressy appearance.
It is important not to put too many cranberries, otherwise the dish will turn out to be bitter; for every kilogram of cabbage, an incomplete handful of berries are put.
- The difference in making pickled cabbage using cooled brine is that you can do without vinegar.
- Many housewives add vegetable oil to the marinade or brine.
- Sugar-free sauerkraut is prepared by fermenting lactic acid bacteria contained in cabbage juice. The easiest option is to grind 3 tablespoons of salt with 2 kg of chopped cabbage.
It all depends on taste preferences and you can not be afraid to experiment. Pickled cabbage complements meat, fish and poultry dishes... This vegetable is served both as an independent dish and in composition with other pickles.